The sugar/lemon balance will depend on what types of lemons you are using (Meyer lemons are less tart than regular lemons), and your own preference for sweetness.
While all varieties of lavender are edible, English lavender and Provence lavender are most often used for culinary purposes.
If you use fresh, garden flowers, make sure they have not been sprayed with pesticides. Do not use florist flowers.
- A small handful of freshly picked and rinsed lavender flowers or a tablespoon of dried lavender flowers
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 2 cups of boiling water for the infusion
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups or more of cold water
Shop Lavender Tea